Tom Bregman, MBA
SENIOR ADVISOR & STRATEGIST
Tom specializes in the strategic development and implementation of complex programs, projects and organizations in the private, non-profit, local government and campaign sectors to maximize triple bottom line results for clients.
- Created and launched community-based clean energy programs to more than a dozen Hudson Valley municipalities
- Built and scaled up the sales, marketing and support program for a leading national political data, modeling and analytic firm
- Created and ran an international cross function product development team for a global telecom corporation
- Designed and deployed the first ever campus-wide intranet at a New York City public university campus
- As a principal helped to develop and manage two Hudson Valley based urban renovation projects to high design and energy standards
- Founded a community-based organization that mobilized residents to permanently protect 200 acres of open space that is now the Hudson Highlands Nature Museum Outdoor Discover Center
- Leading and developing complex programs and organizations
- Campaign strategy, organization and management
- Analytical and expository writing
- Social engagement, community organizing and public speaking
- Strategic communications and media development
- Data sourcing, research, analysis, reporting and summarization
- Development and delivery of successful grant writing and funding stream from state and federal government entities and regional foundations
- Building local community-based social and political organizations
- Developing business plans and go-to market strategies
- Managing complex inter-organizational and stakeholder relationships
Interests and Activities
- A former Colorado ski bum (and dishwasher), Tom remains an active mountain biker, hiker, XC skier, kayaker, open water swimmer and gym rat.
- An avid music fan, he listens to the Bruce Springsteen and Grateful Dead radio stations daily and attends rock n roll, jazz, funk, bluegrass and other small and large venue concerts whenever he can.
- As a political junkie, he continues to read and write on international relations, the environment, sustainability and campaigns, and he is also actively involved in local and regional political organizing, fundraising and campaigns.
- Excepting his partner Shanna, his two sons and extended family, Tom loves the New York Mets more than just about anything else.